Chris Meade, CEO of CROSSNET, has done a wonderful job building community around his brand. He outlines the 5 steps in his CROSSED Commerce newsletter. We've summarized them for you below.
1. Dedicated Facebook Group
- Create a Facebook Group dedicated to your brand or your brand mission. CROSSNET's is Mission for Movement.
- Assign a team member to monitor and engage the group.
- Embed the group throughout all touch points (email, SMS, Instagram, packaging, etc).
2. Dedicate a Specific Influencer to Each Social Media Channel
CROSSNET offered a volleyball player $3,500/mo to shoot one video/week and be the face of it's YouTube channel. Find a specific influencer for YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
3. Use SMS to Engage with VIP Customers
CROSSNET uses Postscript for their SMS marketing needs, including having 1:1 conversations with current and prospective customers. How to pull it off:
- Assign a team member to manage the channel and respond to customers.
- Send a campaign text stating that you're doing an AMA and will be answering questions for an hour.
- From Postscript, view responses and text people back!
- Provide value before asking for the sale.
4. Steal from Others
Partner and collaborate with brands and influencers, and tap into their customer base.
- Ask them for the lead lists.
- Create SMS/email giveaway opportunities.
5. Create Events
Create routine events and in-person meetups, even if your audience is small.
View the original thread here and be sure to sign up for Chris Mead's newsletter for some 🔥