In the world of ecommerce, social proof is everything. Without being able to touch, feel, and see products physically, people who are shopping online rely heavily on what other customers have to say.
Having positive reviews can build trust, highlight that your brand has a passionate following, and drive other consumers to become comfortable enough to purchase. It can’t be understated just how important it is to have a substantial number of favorable reviews that highlight the many benefits of what you are offering.
Yet with so much competition in the marketplace, and how difficult it can sometimes be to foster a connection with your buyers, gaining those glowing reviews is easier said than done.
Luckily, there are a variety of product review apps that integrate with your Shopify store, and can be used to gather customer-generated content with ease.
Follow along as we review some of our favorites.
What’re the best product review apps for Shopify? 🚀
The Shopify App Store has a range of product review apps that, depending on your specific needs and preferences, offer a streamlined way to gather and showcase customer feedback.
All of them have unique features and capabilities, but at the end of the day, are designed to accomplish the same mission: grow a community around your brand, and help your sales reach new heights.
Okendo is one such app that helps you generate product reviews and collect high-quality user-generated content (UGC). The customer feedback you might receive can be everything from a simple bit of commentary left on your product review page, to an in-depth testimonial complete with photos and/or video that is shared on social media.
This customer marketing platform helps you capture high-impact social proof in a quick, simple manner. It is designed to expand your reach and take your company’s online presence to the next level.
Okendo Key Features 🧰
- Email requests: You can send messages to the inboxes of your customers that are triggered based on preferred settings. This means you are not manually asking each and every buyer to leave feedback, but rather sending automatic review request emails, and at scale.
- Customizable templates: You can build out sleek email templates that follow the look and feel of your brand, and increase the likelihood of your shoppers leaving reviews.
- Customer incentives: By putting forth the possibility of coupons or loyalty points, you are able to encourage shoppers who have left a review to further add photos or video. This enriches the quality of your social proof.
- Display widgets: You can control how these reviews appear on your site with media galleries and display widgets from Okendo’s pre-built catalog. This enables you to strategically highlight what your customers are saying, exactly how you want it to be presented.
- Detailed analytics: Through review performance dashboards, you can measure how effective your emails are at connecting with customers and getting them to leave feedback. This allows you to make adjustments where necessary and experiment with different formats to achieve the best results.
Okendo Pricing 💰
The Essential Plan is $19/month, which allows reviews for up to 200 orders/month. There are additional tiers that scale depending on your volume of orders, all the way up to the Advanced Plan, which is $499/month for up to 10,000 orders/month.
There is a 14-day free trial available.
Okendo is one of the best product review apps for Shopify, sign up for Okendo here 👈
Junip is designed for ecommerce stores like yours to collect reviews and display them throughout your Shopify store. The platform helps assemble reviews and user-generated content from both old and new customers, and seamlessly integrates with your theme and existing setup.
Junip Key Features 🧰
- Engaging email templates: You can employ fully customized email designs to reach customers post-purchase and get them to leave reviews on your products.
- Questions and product traits: You are able to enhance and enrich the content of reviews–which can sometimes be plain–by prompting specific questions. These answers are then showcased in the review and give more color to how buyers felt about their purchase.
- Photo and video reviews: Junip strongly encourages multimedia attachments and allows you to offer discounts on future orders if customers do so.
- Dedicated review pages: The app allows you to feature reviews directly on your homepage, and also create dedicated pages for product and store reviews. This equips you to meet customers wherever they might be browsing, and convince them to make a purchase of their own.
Junip Pricing 💰
Junip has a free plan that covers the basic features of the tool, but depending on your number of monthly orders, you have the option to upgrade. For stores that handle up to 1,000 orders a month there is an Essentials Plan, which costs $39/month.
There is a 14-day free trial available.
Judge.me is a review tool that does exactly as the name suggests: provides a way for customers to judge your products and give their honest opinions. You can then feature these prominently on your store page to show the world the kind of impact your products are having on the people that use them.
Judge.me Key Features 🧰
- Streamlined requests: Buyers can submit their reviews directly from the emails that you send them. This eliminates extra hassle and makes leaving reviews on your products a breeze.
- Personalized displays: You are able to customize and tailor how you display reviews on your site to match your existing theme and keep styles consistent.
- Maximize impact: The platform allows social sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to drive even more traffic and exposure.
- Strong engagement: You can reply to reviews and questions to sustain a conversation with your customers and ensure communication is a two-way street.
Judge.me Pricing 💰
There is a Forever Free Plan that costs nothing at all, as well as the Awesome Plan that costs $15/month but offers a number of enhanced features.
Loox is a popular review collection tool that is used by over 100,000 Shopify stores. It makes reaching out to your customers and soliciting valuable feedback easier than ever.
Loox Key Features 🧰
- Scheduled requests: By specifying your email timing and putting in place the rules you want to follow, you can optimize when exactly you’re reaching out to your customers with automated review requests.
- Beautiful displays: Eye-grabbing display widgets–like sidebars, carousels, and popups–are fully editable and can be calibrated to fit your storefront. This puts the spotlight firmly on enthusiastic customer reviews that get in front of prospective buyers at key stages of the shopping journey.
- Upselling capabilities: You can integrate reviews gathered from Loox into post-purchase offers that facilitate one-click upsells. This provides a way to capitalize on the momentum you’ve gained from all your happy customers.
- Top-notch speed: Loox prides itself on its high-speed performance that doesn’t impact your site efficiency, which ensures customers stay engaged and focused on your content.
Loox Pricing 💰
The Beginner Plan is $9.99/month, which handles up to 100 monthly review request emails. The Growth Plan is $34.99/month, and supports 300-6000 monthly review request emails. The Unlimited Plan is $299.99/month.
There is a 14-day free trial available.
Stamped.io is a Shopify product review app that can be used to increase conversions on your site by putting high-quality reviews on a pedestal. Use the platform to automate your review request outreach, place the feedback you receive in as many places as possible, and watch your impact soar.
Stamped.io Key Features 🧰
- Direct contact: You can increase your number of reviews through in-email forms that get right to the heart of what you are trying to accomplish.
- Insights analysis dashboard: The platform leverages artificial intelligence to show you what the average sentiment of your reviews are, the content breakdown by topic, and more.
- Moderation abilities: There is a built-in dashboard in the platform that allows you to monitor and reply to your feedback in one consolidated area.
- Dynamic on-site displays: It is a mobile forward platform, and the display widgets you use to highlight your reviews are SEO optimized. All this guarantees your reviews are having the biggest impact possible.
Stamped.io Pricing 💰
The Lite Plan is free to use, and the Basic Plan is $18/month, and provides additional features like checkout reviews.
There is a 7-day free trial available.
Fera is a multimedia-centric review collection platform that boasts a quick, five-minute setup. Yet growing your catalog of customer feedback can have long-lasting effects for your online business far into the future.
Fera Key Features 🧰
- Customizable grid: You can organize your customer photo/video uploads however you want through fully responsive display options. This builds trust and authenticity with your audience.
- Helps organic ranking: The reviews gathered boost your search rankings, and show up in Google Search and Google Shopping. This is great for SEO optimization.
- Average rating badges: Sometimes customers just want to know what the consensus is around a product, and with the badges that Fera provides, you can show them just that. This confirms that reviews are coming from verified purchases and highlights the average number of stars, allowing shoppers to make quick decisions about what they want to buy.
- Auto requests: Like all of the product review apps we’ve highlighted so far, Fera allows you to automate the review collection process by sending customizable messages to your customers’ inboxes that are triggered when conditions are met. No longer do you have to worry that you are not getting in touch with each and every buyer that you want to.
Fera Pricing 💰
There is a free plan available, and paid plans that range from $9/month to $99/month depending on how many order review requests you anticipate sending each month.
Yotpo places your customer reviews front and center, and makes the process of gathering those reviews incredibly efficient. This turns customer content into sales, and is a tool that should not be overlooked.
Yotpo Key Features 🧰
- Reviews widget: The app facilitates collecting reviews and ratings by sending automated email and SMS requests. This increases the volume of testimonials that you receive and are able to point new customers to as social proof for your brand.
- Flagging feature: While in a perfect world every review will be an emphatic endorsement, the reality is sometimes customers vocalize their opinion that you somehow missed the mark. Yotpo will flag unfavorable reviews that require your attention and allow you to address them expeditiously.
- Entice your customers: Sometimes shoppers need a little extra incentive to complete a review or make it more than just a few words. This doesn’t mean they didn’t enjoy your products, but rather just need a bit more nudging. The coupons that you can integrate into your review requests with Yotpo enables you to incentivize users to leave a comprehensive review.
- Syncs with social: You can pull UGC from Instagram to display directly on your site. This cross-pollination of valuable content demonstrates the benefit of having a robust community across multiple platforms, and is something that Yotpo allows you to take full advantage of.
Yotpo Pricing 💰
Yotpo has a free plan, and premium plans scaling up to $49/month for 250 monthly orders.
Growave is an all-in-one marketing tool that contains a product review app for Shopify. It can be used to boost your customer lifetime value and get reviews from people who genuinely like and believe in your company.
Growave Key Features 🧰
- Rewards system: Growave makes it possible to dish out loyalty points for leaving reviews, especially ones that contain multimedia like photos and videos.
- Moderation: You can keep an eye on what your customers are saying by making use of the moderation dashboard, where you can auto-publish replies and curate what needs your attention.
- Automated review requests: Customizable email templates get sent right to your consumer base, which puts the process of gathering reviews on autopilot.
- Q&A widget: You can respond directly to inquiries that customers might have, to ensure they receive a five-star experience and are more likely to leave a favorable review.
Growave Pricing 💰
Growave comes in at $9.99/month for the Basic Plan, and goes up to $299/month for the Enterprise Plan, which only the most extensive storefronts will need.
There is a 30-day free trial available.
Vitals is an all-in-one marketing platform that has the capability to import and gather reviews for you. Using it to request feedback after your orders have been delivered allows you to showcase what your customers are saying.
Vitals Key Features 🧰
- Automatic review requests: After your products hit your buyers’ doorsteps, you can automatically request emails be sent that ask for reviews.
- Importing reviews: With just one click, you can bring in an unlimited number of product reviews from AliExpress, if that is a platform your business is leveraging to source goods.
- Photo reviews: Vitals specifically allows you to request photo reviews. As any content creator knows, multimedia content like photos of customers using your products can drastically increase your conversion rates.
- Display widgets: On any page on your storefront–such as your home, product, and collection pages–you can configure and arrange your customer feedback the way you want it to be displayed.
Vitals Pricing 💰
Vitals has one plan, the Basic Plan, which costs $29.99/month.
There is a 30-day free trial available.
Product Reviews by Shopify allows buyers to leave product reviews on your store so that you can elevate your sales. The app is built by Shopify themselves so it integrates seamlessly and can be used directly in Shopify admin. It works with all the latest themes so you can rest assured your storefront is always up-to-date.
Product Reviews by Shopify Key Features 🧰
- Theme-matching capabilities: The reviews you add and display on your site automatically match how your store looks, so your branding remains consistent.
- Manage in bulk: The app makes it so that you can perform actions like publishing and filtering all at once, which shortens the time it takes to manage your influx of reviews.
- Importing and exporting: You can import and export your reviews as a CSV spreadsheet, which allows you to do even more analysis of your data if you desire.
- Full customization: You can easily adjust and edit layout options, colors, and fonts. There is no coding necessary.
Product Reviews by Shopify Pricing 💰
There is no cost involved to download Product Reviews by Shopify, and it is fully free to use.
What are Shopify product review apps? 🤔
Shopify product review apps provide an efficient way to gather and showcase customer feedback. They automate the process of reaching out to buyers and asking them to leave reviews, so that you can build a comprehensive library of feedback and UGC around your products.
By using one of the best product review apps for Shopify to display customer opinions exactly the way you want them to appear on your site, this makes it easier for new customers to click “buy” with confidence.
Should I use a product review app for Shopify? 📈
Product review apps can pour fuel on the fire of your online business. Not only can they save you time, making it so that you are not manually reaching out to every shopper, but they can help you build a rich catalog of user-generated content that can grow your brand’s online presence significantly.
Each and every product review app we have highlighted here is worth exploring, and if one stands out and fits your particular needs, adding it to your arsenal of Shopify apps can be a worthwhile endeavor.
There is no better way to put feedback collection on autopilot and grow your number of reviews, which is a crucial component of any ecommerce business.