Let's face it: if you're not thinking about how your online store comes across on mobile, you're not thinking about all aspects of your business. In a world where so many customers do everything on their phone – including shopping – you can't afford to let this critical component go unaddressed.
Luckily, there are a number of apps on the market that let you kick your mobile presence into high gear. In the article that follows, we'll go through our favorite tools, and show you how to make the most of them in order to accelerate your online business.
If you're short on time, here's a quick breakdown of our top picks for the best mobile app builders for Shopify for different use cases (we recommend reading the full article to learn how we came to these recommendations):
- 📈 Best for Revenue Growth - 🥇 Tapcart
- 🎛️ Best for Customization -🥇 Appmaker
- 😄 Best for Engagement - 🥇 Plobal
- ⚖️ Best for Speed - 🥇 MobiLoud
- 🤷 Best for Customer Retention - 🥇 Tapcart
- 💬 Best for In-App Messaging - 🥇 Shopney
Our #1 overall pick: 🥇 Tapcart
What're the best mobile app builders for Shopify? 🚀
It can be easy to become overwhelmed by all the mobile app builders out there. There's an abundance of options, all of which claim to be the best at what they do. We've put each of them to the test, using our ecommerce expertise to break down where they truly shine, and where there's room for improvement.
Tapcart offers an easy, no-code solution for turning your Shopify store into a mobile app from scratch. When used as intended, it's a sure-fire way to grow your bottom line and capture more customers through an entirely different medium.
Tapcart Key Features 🧰
- Supports building native apps for iOS and Android
- Unlimited push notifications
- One-click checkout
- Can schedule and automate drops
- Integrates with existing plugins (ReCharge, Yotpo, Klaviyo, etc.)
- Dashboard to track total mobile sales, sessions, cart adds, and more
Tapcart Pros ✅
- Decreases reliance on expensive ads (like Google, Facebook, and Instagram) to drive traffic and reach your audience.
- Leverages push notifications to cut through the noise and break through saturation of SMS and email marketing.
- Lets you promote sales and one-time offers directly on the home screens of your customer base.
- Has a knowledgeable team of experts on standby ready to assist with any questions or concerns.
Tapcart Cons ❌
- Customizing and managing your app might require some technical assistance, especially if you want to make significant modifications beyond the provided templates.
- App maintenance and regular updates are required to ensure compatibility with new operating systems, security patches, and emerging features.
- Deprioritizes support for Android, so if you have a good portion of your customers on Android, you may experience some bugs.
Tapcart Pricing 💰
Pricing plans for Tapcart range from $300/month to $1,350/month. There is a 14-day free trial available.
Plobal is another great option for converting your online store into a mobile app, helping you boost engagement, conversions, and customer loyalty. Considering the vast majority of your traffic comes from mobile, a standalone app lets you connect with this audience in an entirely new – and more effective – way.
Plobal Key Features 🧰
- Customizable app templates built directly into the platform
- Drag-and-drop editor for adding design elements
- Branding options let you match the look and feel of your Shopify store
- QR code allows you to preview your app before publishing
- Immediate or scheduled push notifications can be sent to users any time
Plobal Pros ✅
- Detailed analytics track total screen views, app subscriptions by platform, and add to cart values, letting you drill down on what's working with your store.
- Syncs seamlessly with your current tech stack and integrations, from UGC plugins like Okendo to loyalty and reward tools like Stamped.
- Can rearrange the menu navigation of your store, making it intuitive and optimized for a mobile shopping experience.
- You can manage your product listings and store offerings directly within the app builder.
Plobal Cons ❌
- Primarily targeting brands generating $1m+ in annual revenue.
- Customer support is known to have a slow response time.
Plobal Pricing 💰
Pricing plans for Plobal range from $199/month to $1,199/month. There is a 30-day free trial available.
Shopney provides an all-in-one solution for turning your storefront into a world-class mobile app. When you're able to offer your customers a smooth, seamless app experience, you open up the door for more sales, less ad spend, and greater retention. It's an investment that's undoubtedly worth considering.
Shopney Key Features 🧰
- One-click connection to Shopify store
- Simple drag-and-drop interface for building your dream app
- Pre-built theme options to fit a variety of niches
- Real-time push notifications
- Automatic call-backs when items come back in stock
- In-app messaging lets you communicate with customers directly
Shopney Pros ✅
- Templates are tailored to distinct categories, from fashion to beauty to pets.
- Real-time push notifications place your offerings front and center.
- Abandoned cart notifications help you recover potentially lost revenue.
Shopney Cons ❌
- Multi-store setup only available on Platinum plan.
- Discount code glitches are possible.
- Support may have to step in to address technical problems.
Shopney Pricing 💰
Pricing plans for Shopney range from $99/month to $499/month. There is a 30-day free trial available.
MobiLoud stands out for its ability to produce a finished, branded mobile app that's live and up and running in just a few short weeks. It builds on the hard work you've already put into designing your website to create a functional, working app in a largely automated fashion. When it comes to saving time and boosting sales, few platforms do it better.
MobiLoud Key Features 🧰
- Out-of-the-box integration with existing themes, plugins, and third-party tools
- Predefined templates, as well as custom code, available to use for mobile app
- Unlimited push notifications
- Website updates publish on your app in sync
- Personalized onboarding process
- Social login capabilities let your users login using their Google, Facebook, or Twitter accounts
MobiLoud Pros ✅
- Creates a fully optimized app in a fraction of the cost it would take to hire an agency.
- MobiLoud provides support for testing and publishing/getting your app approved to the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Branding is second to none, allowing you to select your choice of color scheme, logo, and imagery.
MobiLoud Cons ❌
- Ongoing maintenance and updates comes through frequently
- Active users limited based on plan type
- Required one-time payment for app submission
MobiLoud Pricing 💰
Pricing plans for MobiLoud range from $170/month to $382/month and beyond for more custom apps. There is a 60-day money-back guarantee provided.
They also offer a full-service package where they take care of all design and development work from start to finish for $1,350.
Appmaker is a brand-first app creation platform that helps you take control of the way you reach your customers on their mobile devices. It focuses on your ability to customize the look and feel of your app to match your brand identity and create a balanced experience between your web and mobile storefronts.
Appmaker Key Features 🧰
- Custom plugins available
- Simple-to-manage central dashboard
- Simultaneous support for iOS and Android
- Integrates with active extensions of store
- Can choose specific primary and secondary colors
- Unlimited in-app pages
Appmaker Pros ✅
- Ability to modify app icon and splash screen background takes customization to the next level.
- Pre-built template blocks assist in the design process.
- Push notifications let you announce sales events and offers at the optimal point in time.
Appmaker Cons ❌
- Certain premium themes and templates are paywalled.
- Priority-level support reserved for higher-tiered subscribers.
- App launch can take longer than through other tools.
Appmaker Pricing 💰
Appmaker has two plans available for those creating a mobile app for their Shopify store: the Pro plan and the Plus plan. The Pro plan is $1,000/month, and the Plus plan is $2,000/month. There are additional savings provided when you purchase an annual subscription.
Vajro is one of the more cost-effective tools on our list, and prioritizes launching a high-converting app that helps your business experience its next phase of mobile sales growth.
Vajro Key Features 🧰
- Banner images and product grid fully customizable
- Unlimited push notifications to home screens
- Can add additional widgets to app
- Supports live video selling
- Integrates with current tech stack and plugins
Vajro Pros ✅
- Live streaming facilitates upsells and add-on purchases to increase average order value (AOV).
- Multi-language and currency options help you expand your reach around the globe and enter additional markets.
- Zero coding required to get your app from idea to reality – pre-made templates and intuitive app editor dashboard lets you design from the ground up.
Vajro Cons ❌
- Customer support can become inundated with requests from time to time.
- Cataloging glitches can occur, especially if you have a large number of SKU variations.
- Maintenance requires constant performance optimization to ensure you are capturing the full extent of sales that a mobile app makes possible.
Vajro Pricing 💰
Vajro pricing ranges from an affordable $99/month for the Starter plan to $999/month for the Plus plan. There is a Core plan and Premium plan in between to support your needs as your business scales.
What is a Mobile App Builder? 🤔
As we've demonstrated throughout our tour of some of the best tools on the market, a mobile app builder helps you convert your existing Shopify store into a ready-to-use, standalone app without needing to know how to code.
This provides a far more personalized and optimized shopping experience for your customers than scrolling through the web browser on their phone. With native features and the ability to amplify your sales and offerings with push notifications, a mobile app provides a superior shopping experience in every way imaginable.
Benefits of a Mobile App Builder for Shopify? 📈
In addition to providing a more seamless user interface, with minimal loading times and an intuitive menu navigation, a mobile app has the potential to boost your store metrics across the board.
From more revenue generated to higher conversion rates to less ad spend required to reach the same amount of customers, a mobile app can give you just the lift your business needs. And with the self-service, no-code offerings these tools provide, you can design your app just the way you like.
So what are you waiting for? Find the one that best suits your needs, and begin building today.