Are you a Shopify store owner that feels constrained by only having a website? Do you wish there were more ways to reach your target audience where they spend most of their time, particularly on their phones?
Meet Tapcart. This no-code mobile app builder enables you to boost engagement, increase your ROI, and optimize conversions like never before. In this Tapcart review, we'll take you through everything this tool has to offer, and how you can harness it to put your brand in the palm of your shoppers' hands – literally.
What is Tapcart? 🚀
Tapcart is a user-friendly platform that empowers DTC business owners to transform their Shopify storefront into a highly effective app. The true value here is being able to create a mobile shopping experience that surpasses what can be achieved through a web browser alone.
In our experience, stand-alone apps – and particularly the push notifications they facilitate – are one of the most effective ways to connect with consumers. Aside from perhaps email marketing, sms marketing, or physical direct mail campaigns, there are few methods more immediate or that yield better results.
Just think about it: you are constantly checking your phone, and the alerts you receive on a daily basis tend to be what you prioritize above everything else. Text messages from friends, updates about a delivery, notifications about the news. These are all the things we tend to care most about and have the highest likelihood of taking action on. Leveraging this same space for your ecommerce store – by creating a unique app with Tapcart – is a no-brainer. It’s yet another “owned” channel you can leverage to stay in communication with your customers.
How does Tapcart work? 🤔
Tapcart works by directly integrating into your tech stack and existing infrastructure. After signing up for a Tapcart account, you can begin the process of hooking into your Shopify store, and syncing your data.
This allows you to use their drag-and-drop editor to construct your mobile app in a way that accurately reflects your brand identity. You are able to design the layout to match your ecommerce store and customize your product detail pages based on their pre-loaded templates.
Aside from selecting from a host of marketing and customer service integrations, you are also able to do things like ensure your inventory levels, prices, and discounts are up-to-date and current as they are automatically pulled directly from the native Shopify integration. This helps guarantee that what customers see after downloading your app is a precise representation of the items you have in stock and are able to fulfill.
After publishing your app on the app store of your choosing, there is little else to do but push your audience to download. You can then track the performance of your newly launched mobile presence and watch the “add to carts” come rolling in – practically on auto-pilot.
Tapcart Key Features 🧰
For a platform that focuses on something as compact as a phone app, Tapcart packs a punch and is stuffed with numerous features designed to take your business to the next level. Below, we highlight a few of our favorites.
Tapcart's no-code app builder provides a drag-and-drop editor that practically anyone can use. Don't have any tech experience? No worries. Tapcart enables effortless creation and management of your mobile app, without requiring any coding skills. You can design your app's layout to complement your store's appearance and personalize your product detail pages to your liking.
Push notifications from Tapcart empower you to engage with your customers in real-time and drive sales like never before. These simple yet effective messages go straight to your shoppers' phones, making it easy to recover abandoned carts, run promotions, or generate new sales opportunities.
This dashboard is an intuitive tool that provides you with comprehensive insights into the performance of your app. With easy-to-understand graphs and charts, you can track key metrics such as daily active users, customer acquisition, revenue, and more.
The dashboard also offers in-depth analytics that enable you to make informed decisions regarding your marketing strategies and product offerings. With these valuable insights, you can identify areas for improvement, optimize your app's performance, and ultimately grow your business.
Tapcart FAQs 🙋
What types of apps are supported?
Both iOS and Android apps can be created on Tapcart.
On what app stores can I launch my app?
You can publish your app on the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store, so long as you have an Apple Developer Account and a Google Android Account, depending on where you plan to launch.
What payment providers does Tapcart support?
Tapcart supports multiple payment processors, including Apple Pay, PayPal, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay. This means that your customers can choose their preferred payment method and complete their purchase securely.
Tapcart Pros ✅
- The free gifts and incentives feature lets you encourage customers to shop more by unlocking rewards after they reach a cart value threshold, which can boost AOV and checkout conversion rates.
- Tapcart lets you aggregate product reviews in one place. You can empower your customers to share their opinions and experiences with your products, creating social proof and boosting the chances of a sale.
- Their custom-branded QR codes create a seamless omnichannel experience for customers. You can simply generate a unique QR code, place it on your website or social media pages, and watch as your app installs soar.
- It's easy to integrate with popular third-party tools and services like Google Analytics, Firebase, Rebuy, Klaviyo, and more to enhance your mobile app's functionality and optimize your marketing strategies.
Tapcart Cons ❌
- Tapcart's pricing plans may be expensive for some small businesses or entrepreneurs just starting in the ecom world. The pricing structure may not be feasible for those who are operating on a tight budget.
- Tapcart is focused primarily on integrating your Shopify catalog and creating a mobile shopping app. While it is possible to customize the app, you are more limited in the event you wanted to build games or educational material into the app.
- Mobile apps are subject to the policies and regulations of the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. So any changes in these policies can affect the functionality and availability of mobile apps created on Tapcart.
Tapcart Pricing 💰
Tapcart has three pricing plans available: Core, Ultimate, and Enterprise. They are $300/month, $600/month, and $1,350/month, respectively. There are additional savings when you pay annually, and there is also a 2-week trial available to test out Tapcart risk-free before committing to a plan.
Final Thoughts 🕵️♀️
As Tapcart attests, users can expect a 40% increase in customer conversions when using a mobile app built on their platform versus standard mobile web. It's simply a better user experience, one that entices customers to hit the “buy” button on their phone, something they are already comfortable doing.
If you are an ecom store owner looking for a new channel to drive sales and engage with your customers, consider leveraging Tapcart today, and taking your mobile engagements and brand loyalty to new heights.