Do you wish you had a way to print apparel whenever you wanted? Could your ecommerce website benefit from this kind of flexible, fast, and profit-generating solution?
Printful might just be the service you are looking for.
In this Printful review, we’ll go through the ins and outs of this on-demand clothing company, and how it might have an impact on your business and be leveraged to grow your bottom line.
What is Printful? 🚀
Printful is an online printing and fulfillment company that makes it easy for businesses to create, customize, and sell products with their own designs, without having to hold any inventory. They offer a wide range of goods including t-shirts, hoodies, hats, mugs, phone cases, posters, and more. This allows customers to make products with their own branding and have it printed whenever an order is placed–no upfront inventory or financing required.
How does Printful work? 🤔
After signing up for a Printful account, you are taken to the main dashboard, where your first step is to browse their comprehensive catalog of products, and decide what you want to customize.
In our experience, some of the more unique items they offer–like coasters, candles, and pillow cases–present the biggest opportunity to stand out in the crowd and dominate your niche. But they have more traditional clothing options too, like tank tops, sweatshirts, shorts, joggers, and beyond. They even have a section specifically dedicated to sportswear.
You then select from a number of pre-made templates, or can use the drag-and-drop editor to create a design from scratch. You have the ability to upload images, logos, and artwork to add to your apparel, and generate a digital mockup.
Once your designs are finalized, you can connect to your Shopify website or other ecommerce platforms, to begin selling your custom-made products and sharing them with the world.
Whenever a shopper clicks the buy button in your online store and checks out their cart, Printful will then print, pack, and ship the products on your behalf. By having them take care of the heavy lifting, you are freed up to focus on the other day-to-day aspects of running your business.
Printful Key Features 🧰
Printful is a print-on-demand (POD) service that provides an end-to-end solution for businesses looking to make a wide range of custom apparel available to shoppers. By handling the manufacturing logistics, it puts forth a convenient way for sellers to make sales on their online store and get products in the hands of customers without needing to maintain a warehouse full of inventory.
There are a number of key features that make this piece of software so effective, and that users are fully equipped to take advantage of from the moment they sign up for a Printful account. There are a host of additional benefits–from gaining access to marketing tools and affiliate rewards–but here below we highlight the core components of this platform.
The Printful Dashboard might best be thought of as the command center for your POD operation. Here you have immediate access to your product templates, file library, billing information, and more. It is where you will find yourself spending most of your time, and setting your business up for success.
The Design Maker is where the mockup magic happens. Here you can design the products of your dreams with easy-to-use features. Making a professional-looking shirt with solid print quality is as simple as clicking your mouse, and it doesn’t take a graphic design guru to produce something that people will want to purchase. You can choose from vibrant color patterns and a library of images to create and finalize your apparel.
There is a dedicated statistics page that lets you keep a watchful eye on your vital metrics. You can see how your business is performing and break down sales by unit volume and revenue, and easily see what your best sellers are. This provides you with the insights you need to double down on your most effective strategies and make adjustments where necessary.
Printful FAQs 🙋
How many products are in the Printful catalog?
Currently, they have over 400 products you can choose from, tailored to all age groups and genders.
Are there any minimum order quantities?
No, there are no minimum requirements. Printful will produce and ship your custom-made goods whether you have one customer or one million.
When was Printful founded? What does their track record look like?
Printful was founded in 2013, and to-date have delivered over 58 million items.
Printful Pros ✅
- Unmatched customization: The ability to put your brand front and center is second to none. You have full control of what your customers see and the designs you make available. You can even create custom packaging and inserts that have equally high print quality.
- Quick shipping: Printful has local fulfillment centers strategically located throughout the globe, which results in fast delivery speeds and competitive rates and shipping costs. Your customers won’t be waiting on an ETA for long.
- Efficient automation: All orders on your store are automatically routed to Printful, who takes care of packing and shipping. This takes the hassle out of manual fulfillment and makes it so you don’t have to physically manage orders to make money.
- Seamless integration: The ability to hook into your Shopify or other ecommerce store makes it possible to hit the ground running on day one. The world of on-demand customization is placed at your fingertips with little disruption to your existing infrastructure. Printful integrates with and adapts to the business you have already built.
Printful Cons ❌
- Sales not guaranteed: You still must generate traffic to your store in order to get sales, and offer a unique value proposition to customers to get them to want to buy and support your brand.
- Limited returns: Apparel return policy doesn’t apply after a 30-day window.
- Design restrictions: Clipart is only available on the Pro plan.
- Additional image costs: Without the Pro plan, premium images cost $1 per image.
Printful Pricing 💰
Printful has three plans available: Free, Plus, and Pro. They are available on a monthly or yearly billing schedule, and yearly gives you one month free.
The Plus plan is $9/month, and the Pro plan is $49/month.
Final Thoughts 🕵️♀️
Printful is an efficient all-in-one solution for ecom sellers or printing business owners looking to offer custom-made goods and apparel on their websites. From motivational slogans to sports jerseys, the possibilities are endless.
With an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, and the means to deliver whatever orders come your way, the Printful app is a legitimate option for sellers wanting to print clothes on the fly.
Having a tool like Printful at your disposal means designs you have created on your computer screen have the ability to hit the doorsteps of customers in no time. Few providers have figured out both the software side of things and the physical logistics–from manufacturing to fulfillment–like Printful has.