It's the focal point of any room, but so often rugs can be dull, boring, and uninspired. With custom rugs, however, you can make a bold statement and instantly transform the look and feel of your surroundings.
If you're an ecommerce seller, rugs are a category worth exploring, and present a real opportunity to make a splash in the market. By adding fresh, innovative rug designs to your storefront, you can give customers a chance to buy an item that will breathe new life into whatever space they end up putting them in.
In this article, we'll carefully explore the many different print-on-demand suppliers that help make this possible. This way, you can choose the one that's most suitable to your needs as a seller.
Let's begin, shall we?
What're the best Print on Demand Rug Suppliers? 🚀
There are a number of companies that have perfected the art of designing rugs just the way you want them. If you're an entrepreneur on the hunt to showcase products in this category in your online store, then you'd be well-served to consider partnering with one of the many services we highlight below!
Printify is well-known for their custom-made shirts and apparel — but did you know they make killer rugs, too?
Few companies are as well-regarded and highly trusted as Printify. By having them in your corner, you can feel safe knowing you're receiving top-tier customer support that's backed by a global logistics network that can fulfill any order. They have some of the best printing options, design capabilities, and shipping times of any supplier out there.
In our experience, they're lightning-quick without sacrificing quality. They give you the “wow” factor that you're looking for in custom-made products, and never skimp on the durability of the materials they source.
Printify Key Features 🧰
At Printify, their on-demand rug printing capabilities are likewise a cut above the rest. After signing up for a Printify account, you are able to connect to your Shopify or other ecommerce store to fully integrate your offerings.
With an intuitive mockup generator and drag-and-drop editor, you are able to bring your vision to life in a simple, straightforward way. You don't need to be a graphic design expert to create some pretty stellar rug designs.
Not only that, but there are no minimum order requirements. This allows you to have invisible inventory, meaning you don't have to invest heavily upfront to warehouse and store products. Orders are simply created and fulfilled when customers make a purchase, helping you generate revenue and turn a profit from day one.
Type of Rugs Available 🖨️
Printify has a variety of rug types at competitive prices available in their marketplace. Their offerings include polyester area rugs, dobby rugs, Dornier rugs, round rugs, outdoor mats, floor mats, and even foam yoga mats. They are all designed to last and withstand substantial wear and tear.
Printify Pros ✅
- They come in multiple sizes and both horizontal and vertical shapes, guaranteeing you'll find a fit for any room or space.
- Their AOP (all-over print) technique lets you treat the rug as your canvas and add artwork from end-to-end, covering every square inch.
- Cutting-edge printing technology ensures bold colors and vibrant hues that don't fade over time.
- Many of their rugs (for instance their Dornier rug) have rubber dots on the back that create an anti-slip finish, stabilizing the rug and making sure it doesn't slide around in an unsafe way.
Printify Cons ❌
- You'll end up paying more if you're not a Printify Premium member. (Subscribers pay 20% less on product costs.)
- Manufacturing mistakes do happen, so you won't know the accuracy of the final product until you receive it. Ordering samples is always a good idea!
- Many of their rugs are one-sided print only, so if you're looking for a rug with artwork on both sides, make sure to read the product details closely before proceeding.
- Care instructions call for spot cleaning only, so beware of throwing their rugs in the washing machine.
Printify Pricing 💰
Printify has three plans available: Free, Premium, and Enterprise. Price and details are below.
MWW On Demand is another solid option when looking for a print on demand business to manufacture custom rugs that can make any room pop. As a supplier for Printify, they have the inside scoop on what it takes to produce high-quality rugs at scale, while supporting the application of tailor-made designs.
MWW On Demand Key Features 🧰
- Supports ecommerce integration via plug-in for Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
- Have an average production time of 5 days depending on order volume.
- They leverage dye sublimation and direct-to-fabric printing for high-resolution results and premium print quality.
- Supports international shipping with facilities around the globe to facilitate the speedy transport of goods.
- Offers branding services for enterprise-level businesses with annual sales that top $1 million.
- Stiff, lay-flat design makes sure you don't have unwanted curling with their rugs.
Type of Rugs Available 🖨️
Their area rugs come in rectangular, round, and runner shapes. You can expect to find rugs constructed of chenille with a woven polyester backing.
MWW On Demand Pros ✅
- On-demand structure means you can tap directly into their manufacturing, supply chain, and quality control measures, printing as needed and taking on little risk.
- No setup fees required to get going with their service.
- No minimum order quantities needed, so whether you have one order or dozens, they can get the job done.
- They use white label packaging so customers don't know they're receiving a product fulfilled by someone else other than your brand.
MWW On Demand Cons ❌
- They close new customer sign ups during the fourth quarter every year due to high demand.
- They require a Tax ID in order to verify your business and use their services.
- Colors may differ somewhat from what you have designed depending on print settings and fabric used.
- They don't manually review designs and images when orders are submitted, so it's up to you to make sure your graphics and artwork are precisely the way you want it.
MWW On Demand Pricing 💰
The MWW On Demand app is free to download from the Shopify App Store, with product costs and shipping fees charged at the time of order fulfillment.
InterestPrint should not be overlooked in the world of on-demand rug suppliers. With a dynamic and flexible catalog of over 700 products (including more than just rugs), they are pros when it comes to applying custom designs that tell the story of your brand.
InterestPrint Key Features 🧰
- Ecommerce integration across Shopify, Wix, and more.
- No sign up fees or additional monthly expenses – it's pay as you go, owing only when you sell products.
- Mockup generator lets you easily design your rugs the way you want, using your own images and text within a fully interactive dashboard.
- Automated fulfillment process means orders are placed on your store and then routed to InterestPrint for them to print, pack, and ship.
Type of Rugs Available 🖨️
They have twelve different sizes of area rugs, made from polyester fabric with an anti-slip backing.
Interest Print Pros ✅
- Their rugs are stain-resistant and easy to clean
- Ultra soft and comfortable to step on
- No upfront inventory or printing machines required – they handle the heavy lifting
- Lost or damaged items are covered by them, helping you keep your customers satisfied
Interest Print Cons ❌
- Process of receiving sample order to test material could be simpler and more direct, as you have to create a new SKU with a blank design, add it to your cart, and then place an order manually to receive your sample
- Interface is a bit cluttered and prone to glitches
- With so many products in their catalog, rugs are not their main area of expertise (there are far more options when it comes to apparel)
- Branding on labels and product packaging costs an additional fee and requires a minimum order quantity to receive that level of branding coverage
InterestPrint Pricing 💰
InterestPrint is free to install from the Shopify App Store, and like some of the other options in our guide, costs of goods and shipping are only applied when orders are fulfilled.
When scouring the web for the best rug supplier for your custom-printing needs, Yoycol often flies under the radar, but is a company worth taking into serious consideration.
They're set up to make designing your products a breeze, and take the worry of order fulfillment off your plate. While not without its shortcomings (which we detail below), when used the right way, this platform can be a dynamic dropshipping partner that allows your business to deliver rugs like never before.
Yoycol Key Features 🧰
- Non-slip backing, helping you avoid tripping and falling
- Suitable for multiple kinds of rooms, from home offices to play areas
- Rugs come in different sizes depending on dimensions of your space
- Competitive prices in their marketplace
- All over print for full coverage custom artwork
Type of Rugs Available 🖨️
They have long pile rugs, runner carpets, round rugs, and traditional area rugs available in their catalog.
Yoycol Pros ✅
- Seamlessly integrates with your existing site infrastructure
- Easy to keep track of your designs and add them to your online store
- Fulfillment, shipping and packaging occurs behind the scenes, not something you have to manually manage
- Mockup generator gives you a digital preview of what your designs will look like before they're ever manufactured
Yoycol Cons ❌
- Based in China , leading to concerns and uncertainties around print quality consistency and shipping delays
- Estimated delivery time for standard shipping of 10-20 days is unacceptable to many customers
- Thinner than much of the competition
- They curl and fold their mats during transportation so there are some creases upon arrival
Yoycol Pricing 💰
Yoycol takes a “free forever” philosophy, meaning it's free to use their service, and you only pay for items when they're sold.
What to consider when selling Print on Demand rugs? 🤔
Gone are the days when rugs were just an accessory to protect floors. Today, they have transformed into a statement piece, a work of art that can instantly change the vibe of any room.
Custom-printed rugs are an excellent way for ecommerce sellers like you to harness this growing trend. With the ability to print any design, image, or logo, the possibilities are endless.
But before diving head-first into offering rugs in your store, it's important to still keep in mind smart business practices like maintaining a healthy profit margin and utilizing intelligent marketing tactics. After all, if your offer is not an irresistible one to customers, you'll have a difficult time converting browsers into buyers, no matter how good the supplier you're partnering with is.
You'll want to make sure you're offering a style and design of rug that customers will be proud to own, at a price point that makes sense to both you, the seller, and to your buyers. Only once you've established a winning approach to selling your custom-made rugs should you proceed with integrating a print on demand service into your online store that most suits your needs — hopefully using the details in this guide to point you in the right direction.
By taking a logical, methodical approach to selling, you will be able to launch this new product category with confidence, and watch your sales soar.