As an Amazon seller, there are many key metrics that you must constantly keep an eye on to make sure your account is being run effectively. So many, in fact, that it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
Are you drowning in spreadsheets and reports, struggling to make sense of it all? From units sold to ad spend, there are many factors at play when determining the health of your business.
This review of the Amazon seller software tool ManageByStats goes over the details of this monitoring resource, and how it might best be utilized to finally take control of the numbers underlying your Amazon operation.
What is ManageByStats? 🚀
ManageByStats is a centralized platform that tells the story of your Amazon account at a glance. It pulls together crucial performance indicators into one place, allowing you to take a deeper dive into what is (and isn’t) working.
A few examples of what you can track include:
- The amount of traffic you are getting on your products
- Rate at which you are converting browsers into buyers
- A breakdown of your revenue to better calculate profit margins
- The quantity of reviews that you are receiving over time
This, and many more features intended to evaluate and grow your Amazon enterprise, are included in a comprehensive series of tools.
How does ManageByStats work? 🤔
ManageByStats syncs with your Seller Central account to compile your data into an array of customizable dashboards and reports. By granting developer access and certain user permissions during the sign-up process, your Amazon selling activity integrates seamlessly, and the process of generating important insights can begin to take place.
If you have additional users that you would like to poke around (say, a staff member or assistant), you are able to add access for them as well, and can further manage the content they are able to view or edit.
Once your Amazon data is fully populated and you are good to go with your account settings, evaluating detailed figures pertaining to your Amazon business is both intuitive and straightforward.
ManageByStats Key Features 🧰
ManageByStats offers a core suite of tools designed to make it simpler to analyze all things related to selling on Amazon. They allow you to pinpoint the areas where adjustments need to be made, and provide the means to reverse unfavorable trends.
The ManageByStats dashboard provides a host of detailed visual benchmarks that take the pulse of your account. The dashboard enables you to assess in real time the well-being of your business by tracking the following KPIs (key performance indicators):
- Estimated Profit
- Review Average
You are able to produce dashboards for individual products, and can create dashboards for groups of products as well.
Miniature modules of information, called “dashlets”, can be added to your liking. These widgets can evaluate such things as your bestselling ASINs, can order sales by specific criteria, and can even pinpoint the highest volume sales hours of the day.
The financial overview tool provides a snapshot of your most vital numbers. Everything from your gross revenue, to your fees, to your refunds are broken down here, and serve as an FBA calculator to help keep track of all your associated costs.
You can see at a granular level which of your products might be siphoning off the most advertising spend, for instance. Or which product has razor-thin profit margins, and might need to have its price raised.
By putting your sales under a microscope, you are equipped to keep tabs on every last dollar.
As you might have guessed by its name, one of the fundamental features of ManageByStats is its rich statistical analysis.
Through detailed graphs, which can be refined by date range and hovered over for more precise viewing, a complete rundown of all stats related to your products are consolidated on one page.
The sales graphs analyze such metrics as how many units have been ordered, your buy box percentage, corrected revenue after removing discounts, and the exact amount of your Amazon payouts.
Marketing graphs add an additional layer of insight, and can evaluate the impact of certain advertising adjustments. Did changes you made to your PPC campaigns have an effect on total sales? What happened to your click-through rate after you swapped out your listing images?
These are just some of the questions that can be answered here, and the ability to filter by brand, product line, or individual ASIN is particularly useful if you run a large store or have a vast number of offerings.
The advertising hub allows you to analyze all components of your ad spend. You can drill down on costs associated with your PPC, one of the most important aspects of driving traffic to your listings and increasing sales.
You are able to monitor such statistics as revenue generated, the number of units sold that are attributable to advertising, and your ACOTS, which is your ad spend divided by your total sales revenue.
By being able to track performance over time and compare how these distinct barometers relate to one another, you are armed with the information needed to pivot your ad strategy when necessary.
One of the hardest things to do as an Amazon seller is maintain solid information on customers. As a third-party seller, all shoppers are coming to you through a marketplace, and not directly providing you with valuable personal details.
As such, you are limited in how you are able to interact with those who purchase your products.
By consolidating the customer information that Amazon does provide, and organizing it in a way that sheds light on repeat buyers and specific feedback, ManageByStats paints an overall picture of what your customer base looks like.
Through the customer dashboard, you can view orders coming in, how many new buyers you’re getting, and can also geo-analyze customers by state. This gives insight that can potentially enhance your marketing efforts elsewhere, such as with Facebook or Google ads.
The ManageByStats customer database further has the ability to match customers with orders instantly, and allows you to keep customer-specific notes. These are all useful for ensuring your buyers remain satisfied, and your customer service continues to be top notch.
In addition to the variety of features outlined thus far, ManageByStat offers many other services within the platform, a few of which are highlighted here:
- Listing optimization. You are able to discover high-volume, relevant keywords, and build them directly into your listing, either by importing and modifying an existing listing or creating a new one from the ground up.
- Competitor research. By doing a reverse ASIN lookup on products with the Keyword Scout tool, you can hone in on which keywords your competitors are ranking for, and identify new search term opportunities for your own listings.
- Inventory management. You can receive notices on which items you currently have in stock, when new units are arriving and will be available, and can use the forecasting algorithm to determine when you might need to place a reorder with your supplier.
- Automated review outreach. You are able to set up review requests with a single click, and can create customized email messages through SellerMail to follow up with customers post-transaction. This reduces the effort needed to get critical feedback on your products.
ManageByStats FAQs 🙋
Can ManageByStats be used outside of the USA?
Yes, most Amazon Marketplaces are supported, and you have the ability to log into your account from anywhere in the world.
How many seller accounts can you connect?
With your subscription, you are able to connect up to two seller accounts. If you have more than that, additional Seller Central accounts can be added for $10/month per account.
Do they have measures in place to secure your data?
ManageByStats accesses your account data through Amazon API connections, and stores it on a secure database. Furthermore, they do not make edits to your Amazon Seller account, only retrieving information to be able to display it back to you.
ManageByStats Pros ✅
- Customizable dashboards: You can make the platform your own with different theme colors and font sizes, or set your preference with dark mode.
- Eliminate wasted spend: You are able to track the effectiveness of your ad campaigns and refine accordingly. Plus, you can make PPC adjustments without having to leave the platform. You modify bids and budgets directly, and these then update in your Campaign Manager.
- Simplified product research: There is a Chrome extension that scans sales data for potential products you might want to sell. This can also be used to gather review and feedback info, which is perfect for maximizing productivity.
ManageByStats Cons ❌
- Content overload: The sheer amount of material flying your way can make it so that the user interface gets cluttered, and the title of widgets become hard to read.
- Limited to Amazon: Not applicable to other ecommerce platforms, as it doesn’t offer multichannel capabilities.
- Somewhat advanced: Not ideal for beginners, as it requires at least intermediate selling knowledge and an understanding of how to interpret and act on large quantities of data.
ManageByStats Pricing 💰
ManageByStats offers a 14-day free trial of their platform.
The Starter plan is $24.97 a month, and the Elite plan, which is the most popular, is $89.97 a month. They also have additional custom plans available that include more features and allow for heavier usage through a dedicated server.
A full outline of pricing and tier features is below:
Final Thoughts 🕵️♀️
ManageByStats offers a unified solution for most of the problems that Amazon sellers encounter on a daily basis. It is an all-in-one system for tackling product research, listing optimization, inventory forecasting, feedback automation, PPC management, financial accounting, and performance analytics.
Yet with so much packed inside, it’s easy to become engulfed by this suite of software tools, not knowing where to start.
By focusing on the parts that can provide the greatest immediate benefit to your business, and then mastering those before moving on to others, you will be able to squeeze the most value out of this platform.
Because if you’re an Amazon seller facing headwinds, or perhaps looking to boost the ranking of your products, it’s not enough just to know that changes need to be made. A quick look at your Seller Central account can make it known that revenue is declining, or that sales are drying up.
The key to successfully righting your Amazon ship is knowing why such events are occurring, what components of your offering need to be adjusted, and where those modifications must take place.
In this way, ManageByStats can put you firmly in control of the statistics needed to manage your account. When used to your advantage, this software can help fine-tune your selling strategies, and executive decisions can be made with less friction and greater confidence.