Getting traffic to your Shopify store is tough as it is, especially with the recent iOS changes. And once the traffic arrives at your store, you now need to worry about converting the traffic into customers.
This is no easy task either, but if your traffic isn’t converting, it’s likely your dollars spent getting traffic to your Shopify store aren’t as efficient as they could be.
That’s why it’s critically important to ensure your store is optimized to convert more traffic into customers and increase sales. That way, you can stretch your advertising dollars further. The easiest way to increase sales on your Shopify store is to use Shopify apps designed specifically for this purpose.
Here are 14 of the best Shopify apps to increase sales.
Nudgify is one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales - it allows you to add small pop-ups that grab your customers’ attention in an unobtrusive way. These intelligent pop-ups take data from your Shopify store, and present it to customers in such a way that it would increase their chances of buying from you.
By using psychologically proven marketing techniques which:
- Evokes FOMO.
- Showcases social proof.
- Presents attractive offers/promotions.
- All designed to reduce hesitation and/or increase your products’ attractiveness.
Here’s an example:
A customer lands on your store, and spots an attractive looking water bottle. They click on it to check its details. As they’re scanning through the product page, this pop-up appears:
Only 3 left in stock!
The ‘3 left’ isn’t generic text, but rather real-time data of how much inventory is left for that particular product as per your Shopify inventory levels. And when customers see this message, it increases their chances of buying as the message creates a sense of urgency.
This is a very effective Shopify app to boost sales.
2. Candy Rack
Want to make it easy for your existing customers to discover relevant products based on what they’ve added to their cart and make it easy for them to add these recently discovered products to their order?
You can use Candy Rack, one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales. This app lets you create beautiful pop-ups on your product pages so you can upsell or cross sell products easily.
For example, let’s say a customer adds a 30w charger to their cart. You can set up a pop-up to show:
- A 60w fast-charger (Upsell)
- A 3-meter long USB Type-C cable (cross-sell)
- A 10000mAh Powerbank (cross-sell)
The best part?
You have complete flexibility over which pop-ups appear when. For some pop-ups, you can set it to trigger when specific items are added to cart, and for other pop-ups, you can set it to appear no matter which product is added (such as gift-wrapping).
With such hyper-focused upsells in place, customers are likely to add more items to their purchase, increasing average order value.
The best kind of social proof is a glowing review by an existing customer, and adding Okendo to your website is the easiest way to get that! Okendo is one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales because you can:
- Add a live review section in your product pages, complete with a 5-star rating system, and a verified buyer tag to increase trust.
- Push reviews on your website to Google Search and Facebook, making it easy for potential customers to see what existing buyers think of your products.
And in addition to the review sections, you can also add a cool media gallery to your Shopify store. Here you can upload pictures of user-generated content, such as customers using your products, testimonials, and your own showcase of new items.
With such a visually impressive collection of user generated content at hand, customers are more likely to buy from your store, as they know you have quite a few happy customers!
If you want to do SMS marketing, you can use Postscript, one of the top marketing automation Shopify apps in the industry.
What makes Postscript one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales is the fact it gives you all the tools you need to collect subscribers and send personalized messages that convert.
- Build your SMS list: To collect phone numbers, you can build beautiful opt-in forms for your Shopify store, provide QR codes, and even get a dedicated number that your customers can text to get onto your SMS subscriber list.
- Send targeted messages: Once customers get on your list, you can send them hyper-personalized text messages using historical customer data. This can be for first time buyers, cart abandoners, or for special holidays. In addition, you can send customers educational content related to their purchase, a reminder to buy again after a particular period of time, and encourage repeat purchases for your products.
- Chat with customers directly: When customers respond to your messages, you can reply back with a custom message of your own to personalize communication even more.
With SMS being such an important marketing channel, directly connecting to customers via text on your Shopify store can prove to be a good way to increase customer lifetime value on your store.
Is your Shopify store user-friendly? Do your customers like interacting with it? Is there something about its layout that your customers find frustrating? HotJar can help you answer these questions, so you can make well-informed decisions on how to improve your online store’s design. This makes it one of the best apps to increase sales on your ecommerce store.
By analyzing the customer journey across your website and collecting survey feedback via HotJar, you can gather information such as:
- Which parts of your online store your customers look at the most, and which parts they don’t. This is shown via a heatmap which shows what customers view the most on your website.
- In what way customers interact with your ecommerce store. What they click first, which pages they visit, for how long they visit, and other behavior patterns. See this via complete recordings of your customer visits.
- What customers feel about your website. Do they like it, or not? And if not, what would they like to improve? You can collect this info via pop-up surveys on your website.
With such a wealth of insights available in this Shopify app, you can design your online store for maximum engagement and as a result, increase sales effectively!
With the LiveRecover Shopify app, you can deliver SMS-based support to your customers without having to build your own dedicated support team. It connects with your Shopify store and provides you with live agents who can answer commonly asked questions your customers ask. These agents can even edit orders, cancel them, and provide refunds based on the policies you outline.
What makes this one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales is the fact that it provides a really easy way to quickly build a support line for your customers so you can answer their questions and convert them, especially for those store owners who don’t have enough starting capital.
Justuno is a Shopify app with which you can deploy beautiful looking pop-ups on your ecommerce store. What makes Justuno’s pop-ups different is the fact that you can add game-based pop-ups such as spin the wheel, and slot machine. By using powerful segmentation techniques, you can set what pop-ups appear for what type of customers, and on which page. Lastly, you’ll get an analytics dashboard and reports make it easy for you to see how each pop-up is performing.
By using these gamification tactics via pop-ups, you can grab the attention of your customers, and entice them to buy your products via discounts, and promo offers through email marketing. The low-effort and easy way this app helps you engage customers makes it one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales.
If you want to give customers the ability to pay in installments, you can add Klarna to your website.
Once your store is integrated, customers can pay:
- In 4 easy monthly installments (interest free!)
- 30 days later (no fees)
- Over a period of 1-3 years (0 to 29.99% APR)
Plus, Klarna takes complete responsibility for collecting payments on behalf of your customers. Your online store will have full seller protection, and zero fraud liability.
This will reduce friction for your customers, who can spread out big sums across a period of time, and pay while staying within their budget. For you, this will mean more sales! For this reason, Klarna is one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales.
With the EcoCart Shopify app, you can give customers a choice to make their item shipment completely carbon neutral. During checkout, EcoCart will calculate how much carbon emission is likely to be generated for your customers’ delivery (based on mileage), and ask for a small fee (usually 1-2% of the customer’s payment). This fee will go towards credible and fully vetted organizations working on projects that reduce carbon emissions and work for the betterment of the environment.
This is what makes EcoCart one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales. Such positive campaigns increase word-of-mouth among customers for your brand, who may spread word about your initiative to their like-minded colleagues, thus increasing the number of loyal customers who buy from your Shopify store.
With the OctaneAI Shopify app, you can create ‘product quizzes’ for your website customers. Customers can take these quizzes, and based on their response, you can recommend products best suited for their needs directly in your Shopify store. This will make it easy for new customers to discover relevant products quickly, especially if you have a wide variety of items.
Plus, OctaneAI will store each customer’s quiz responses for you, so you can craft email marketing campaigns based on how the customer responds. With such easy marketing automation, OctaneAI makes it on our list of best Shopify apps to increase sales.
Klaviyo is an all-in-one Shopify app with which you can do SMS or email marketing - or both. It’s designed to help you build an email or SMS list, segment customers into groups, and send targeted messages to drive more sales.
To help you make more sales, this Shopify app comes with many key features and benefits, such as:
- 100s of pre-designed templates: Whether it is for opt-in forms, email/SMS messages and newsletters, or proper step-by-step marketing campaigns, Klavioyo gives you templates for pretty much everything. And if you want to start from scratch, there’s a drag-and-drop builder as well with which you can build your opt-in forms, messages, and campaigns in just a few clicks.
- Advanced segmentation: Based on how your customers behave, you can set specific messages, promos, and campaigns to be sent to your customers, both via email and text to increase customer retention.
- Customer activity monitoring: You can see in full detail how each customer interacts with your brand, and how and what they prefer buying. In addition, with your customer’s consent, you can collect demographic info. All this will be available to you for setting up automated messages that are more personalized, with activity reports that showcase how your messages, promos, and campaigns performed.
This all is just a brief overview.
As you start using Klaviyo, the more interesting features you’ll discover that will help you craft even better marketing campaigns.
The Shogun Shopify app is a drag-and-drop builder for non-tech Shopify store owners.
You can start from scratch, or use a beautiful template as a starting point. There are elements like form designers, sliders, and even a custom code element for you to code up an element of your choice.
You can then create multiple variations of pages, and A/B test it. And with performance metrics available, you can analyze the performance of your webpages, and in this way, create a well-optimized online store without writing a single line of code.
It’s a quick and affordable way to quickly build the layout of your online store to convert more customers and increase sales.
If you're looking for a robust customer support tool for your Shopify online store, you might want to consider Gorgias.
The highlight feature of this Shopify app is its centralized inbox, where you can see messages from your customers across all platforms, and for all your online stores (if you have multiple). This includes customer queries received via email, SMS, and in social media platforms like Twitter & Facebook.
It’s one of the best Shopify apps to increase sales as better customer service leads to happy customers and thus, more sales.
This Shopify app connects your customer support agents to your Shopify customer data. This means:
- When customers reach out, you agents can see information like their last few orders, and their total purchase amount.
- Via automation, you can set up new orders, discounts, refunds and cancellations to automatically trigger via advanced templates. Your agents can even see how much inventory is left in order to make an informed decision.
You can also manage multiple online stores in the Gorgias dashboard, and auto-arrange tickets so that they are prioritized the way you want, and get in front of the right agents. And the beautifully laid out reports let you see how frequently your customers reach out, and how effectively your support team is managing them.
With such a wealth of features available, Gorgias can be your go-to tool for turning prospects into loyal customers of your Shopify store.
14. Google Optimize
While not a Shopify App, Google Optimize is a necessary tool for your Shopify store. With Google Optimize, you can do A/B testing, and create custom variations of each page to understand what types of changes to your Shopify store will lead to increased sales.
For example, you may want to test different variations of sales copy, landing page designs, or product photos.